Update on Indian Equity Market:
On Thursday, markets ended higher with Nifty closing 70 points to close at 15,924. HCLTECH (+5.0%), L&T (+3.7%), WIPRO (+3.0%) were the top gainers on the index while ONGC (-3.0%), EICHERMOT (-1.3%) and BHARTIARTL (-0.9%) were the top losers for the day. Among the sectoral indices, REALTY (+4.2%), IT (+1.3%), and BANK (+0.7%) were top gainers, while AUTO (-0.4%), MEDIA (-0.4%), and PSUBANK (-0.3%) were the losers.
Excerpts of an interview with Debashis Chatterjee, MD, and CEO of Mindtree on CNBCTV18 dated 14th July 2021:
- Robust Deal Pipeline and order book growth was seen and more renewals led to an increase in the scope of the value of the deals and the new deal wins have been characterised by multi-year long-term deals and not just project-based deals.
- The company’s strategy of 4x4x4 across 4 of its major service lines is helping the company cross-sell and upsell a lot of the services in the existing deals in its 4 service lines of Customer Service, Data Analytics, Cloud Management, and Enterprise IT.
- The company has guided for double-digit revenue growth of around 20% and improved EBIT margins in FY22. It hopes to achieve this as a result of the foundational changes in cost efficiencies it has done over the last 2-3 years.
- Quarter specific and client specific headwinds may occur on the margins front. With the opening up of client businesses and increase in revenue growth aided discretionary spending, the company expects a topline growth as well.
- The company is rolling a subsequent wage hike in Q2FY22 to deal with high levels of attrition currently faced by the industry. The company plans to undertake significant outreach programs with its personnel to manage attrition.
- BFSI is seeing significant revival and the company expects its client base and deal wins to grow over the next few quarters after covid-induced consolidations. As far as the Travel Sector is concerned the effects of the pandemic are still looming. Full recovery may take some quarters, new contactless business models may help the company with new deal wins as the clients reimagine their business models.
Asset Multiplier Comments:
- All Indian IT companies are enjoying the tailwinds arising out of the pandemic. Mindtree is well poised to grow further due to growth in upcoming technologies.
- The Company is making efforts to deal with the issue of rising attrition. The rising attrition is a result of a talent war in the Indian IT Industry due to the low supply of skilled professionals.
Consensus Estimates (Source: market screener website):
- The closing price of Mindtree was ₹ 2,732/- as of 15-July-2021. It traded at 33x/30x/25x the EPS estimate of ₹ 84/ ₹ 92/ ₹ 108 for FY22E/23E/24E respectively.
- The consensus price target is ₹ 2,830/- which trades at 26x the EPS estimate for FY24E of ₹ 108/-
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”