Update on the Indian Equity Market:
On Wednesday, NIFTY closed lower at 18,211 (-0.3%) dragged by MEDIA (-2.0%), METAL (-1.5%) and PRIVATEBANK (-1.4%). PSU BANK (+2.1%), IT (+1.0%) and PHARMA (+0.9%) were the gaining sectors. The top gainers in NIFTY50 were ASIANPAINT (+4.1%), UPL (+3.8%), and DIVISLAB (+2.3%). The top losers were AXISBANK (-6.5%), BAJFINANCE (-4.8%), and ONGC (-3.5%).
Edited excerpts of an interview with Mr. C P Gurnani, MD, and CEO of Tech Mahindra with CNBCTV18 on 26th Oct 2021:
- The company is committed to the high growth trajectory over the full year of FY22, which resulted in its highest ever sequential growth in a decade. Every business segment has reported sequential growth in Q2FY22.
- The Company has a best-in-class geographic mix with North America contributing less than 50%, Europe contributing 25%, and the Rest of the World Contributing 25%, with a geographical presence in 90 Countries. The company is well diversified in terms of geography.
- The Company increased its guidance of around 500-600 Mn USD in Deal wins to 750 Mn to 1 Bn USD over the next few quarters, on the back of a robust deal pipeline and sustained growth in the demand environment.
- The Company plans to improve its margins by keeping control on sub-contracting costs which are at historically high levels. Utilisation has reduced due to fresher intake in the last quarter, which the company expects to improve over time.
- Cloud Migration and 5G are the biggest drivers of growth in new deal wins. There’s a huge movement in the legacy to digital business which is expected to continue over the next few quarters.
- The company made two acquisitions during the quarter- Loadstone and WeMake website. Loadstone has revenue of about 35 Mn USD and is EPS accretive, the other acquisition was IP Driven and is insignificant to the topline.
- Current levels of attrition are hurting the demand fulfillment of the company and the company plans to reduce attrition by shifting to tier-2 cities and new HR Policies.
Asset Multiplier Comments
- The management commentary of continued strength in end demand aided by significant deal wins, and healthy deal pipelines driven by 5G and cloud will help the company sustain its revenue growth guidance.
- Attrition and supply-side issues are the biggest headwinds for IT Companies. The company’s bottom-line can only see sustained growth if these challenges are dealt with in the upcoming quarters.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener website)
- The closing price of Tech Mahindra was ₹ 1,568/- as of 26-October-21. It traded at 25x/22x/19x the consensus EPS estimate of ₹ 64/73/81 for FY22E/ FY23E/FY24E respectively.
- The consensus target price of ₹ 1,703/- implies a PE multiple of 21x on FY24E EPS of ₹ 81/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”