Expect 20 percent plus EBITDA margins to continue – MindtreeMaitreyee Vaishampayan
Update on the Indian Equity Market:
The Indian Equity market indices gained after the Indian government announced that all citizens over the age of 18 can have Covid-19 vaccinations from May 1. The markets pared morning gains as investors were worried due to the increasing Covid-19 cases in the second wave. Nifty 50 ended at 14,296 (-0.4%). Among the stocks, DRREDDY (+3.6%), BAJAJFINSV (+3.5%), and HDFCLIFE (+3.0%) ended with gains while ULTRACEMCO (-4.9%), HCLTECH (-3.4%), and HDFC (-3.3%) led the losers. Among the sectoral indices, MEDIA (+3.0%), PHARMA (+1.3%), and AUTO (+1.0%) led the gainers while IT (-1.4%), FMCG (-0.6%), and FINANCIAL SERVICES (-0.6%) led the losers.
Excerpts of an interview with Mr. Debashis Chatterjee, MD & CEO, Mindtree aired on CNBC TV-18 on 19th April 2021:
- Mindtree reported 4QFY21 quarterly results, with the consolidated net profit reporting a ~54% YoY growth to Rs 3,174 mn due to strong operational efficiency.
- Two successive quarters of 5percent plus growth instills confidence in the Company in terms of momentum generated by deal closures.
- The order book stood at USD 1.4 bn as of 31-March-21. The order book was 12% more than the previous year. The pipeline has never been stronger and with the changes done in terms of the 4*4*4 strategy- the execution is going well.
- They have focused on some of the strategic accounts and focusing on cross-selling and up-selling as a part of their strategy. Considering these factors, they remain confident of delivering double-digit growth in FY22E and maintaining the margins at 20 percent plus.
- They have added net 1600 employees in 4QFY21. Owing to a strong pipeline and a high demand, Mr. Chatterjee expects hiring to be robust in the next couple of quarters.
- The war for talent has aggravated in the last couple of quarters. With a focus on cross-skilling of employees, they have been able to contain the attrition.
- There has been a delay in BFSI deal closures, which are expected to happen in 1QFY22. Given the interest rate regimes, there have been some in-sourcing trends in the banking clients. Post the deal closures in 1QFY22, there is some recovery expected in the BFSI vertical.
Asset Multiplier Comments
- The commentary on deal signings, consistent margin improvement, and the ability to sustain these improved margins are key positives for the Company.
- The pandemic accelerated clients’ interest in Data, Cloud migration, and other disruptive technologies, across IT services companies. This is expected to benefit IT services companies for the foreseeable future.
Consensus Estimate: (Source: market screener website)
- The closing price of MINDTREE was ₹ 2,033/- as of 20-April-2021. It traded at 25x/ 24x the consensus earnings estimate of ₹ 80.1/ 86.1 per share for FY22E/FY23E respectively.
- The consensus target price of ₹ 1,857 implies a PE multiple of 22x on FY23E EPS of ₹ 86.1/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”