Update on the Indian Equity Market:
On Tuesday, Nifty ended in the green amid weak global cues. It ended at 17,176 (+1.6%) after making a high of 17,251. METAL (+3.1%), PRIVATE BANK (+2.5%), and BANK (+2.5%) were the top sectoral gainers and there were no sectoral losers. Among the NIFTY50 stocks, HINDALCO (+5.1%), TATASTEEL (+4.0%), and AXISBANK (+3.6%) were the top gainers while BRITANNIA (-0.6%), CIPLA (-0.6%), and DIVISLAB (-0.4%) were the top losers.
Edited excerpts of an interview with Mr. Vivek Agarwal, President-BFSI and Corporate Development at Tech Mahindra (TECHM) with CNBCTV18 on 6th December 2021:
- The last couple of years have opened a new segment of WFH, this acquisition helps TECHM service their customers with a new channel and takes. It takes away a lot of dependency on physical infrastructure and helps provide services from anywhere.
- The entire WFH segment has been witnessing explosive growth over the last couple of years. From a long-term perspective, 55% of customer experience workers are expected to work from home or from anywhere by 2024. This represents huge a addressable market space for TECHM.
- From a synergies viewpoint, the company will be taking these capabilities to their existing customers and Activus Connect has its customer base as well which represents a significant cross-sell opportunity for TECHM.
- TECHM expects this explosive growth to continue over the next 3-4 years.
- The acquired company has industry-standard margins and on the growth front, the business’ organic growth is been exceptional. From a long-term perspective of its core business, TECHM expects to generate 30-40% additional revenues through synergies and take these capabilities to the existing customers.
- The acquired company has a unique technology platform that lets one apply all the good practices around data, security, and performance management for remote workers.
- TECHM expects the business to have industry-leading growth on its own and is excited about the synergies that will be created out of this acquisition in the knowledge segment space.
- The margins of this company are expected to be at par with what TECHM does which is their objective in every acquisition they do.
- While certain capabilities are specific to particular sectors, the offering per se is sector agnostic.
- Return to the office for TECHM employees is largely voluntary. Some of them are returning in hybrid mode and this work model is expected to continue. However, 15-20% of their workforce has started coming to the office which mainly comprises of the top management of the company.
Asset Multiplier Comments
- TECHM has grown organically & inorganically (dollar revenue CAGR FY17-21 of 4%). The company will continue to acquire for scale, synergies, cross-sell benefits, and upselling.
- We expect healthy deal wins, traction in the communication segment led by legacy modernization, 5G, customer care, automation, network, and cloud to drive revenues.
- Higher offshoring, synergies in portfolio companies, automation, & operating leverage is expected to help margin expansion.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener and Tikr websites)
- The closing price of TECHM was ₹ 1,575/- as of 07-December-21. It traded at 25x/22x/19x the consensus EPS estimate of ₹ 64/73/81 for FY22E/ FY23E/FY24E respectively.
- The consensus target price of ₹ 1,783/- implies a PE multiple of 22x on FY24E EPS of ₹ 81/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”