Update on the Indian Equity Market:
On Wednesday, Nifty closed with 0.7% gains at 11,739. Within NIFTY50, TITAN (+4.5%), BAJAJ-AUTO (+3.6%), and HEROMOTOCO (+2.9%) were the top gainers, while BAJFINANCE (-4.1%), BPCL (-2.8%), and HINDALCO (-2.7%) were the top losing stocks. Among the sectoral indices, AUTO (+1.4%), IT (+0.6%), and PVT BANK (+0.6%) were the top gainers while MEDIA (-2.5%), REALTY (-1.9%), and METAL (-1.5%) were the top losing sectors.
Expect double-digit growth in 3QFY21E– LIC Housing Finance
Excerpts of an interview with Mr. Siddhartha Mohanty, MD & CEO, LIC Housing Finance (LICHSGFIN), that aired on CNBCTV18 on 6th October 2020:
● Post the highly impacted months of April and May, LICHSGFIN experienced good growth in disbursements June onward. This growth has been particularly in the affordable segments. However, off late, Mr. Mohanty has also observed some uptick in demand in above mid-segment, as well as premium segment disbursements picked up since June.
● LICHSGFIN has almost reached pre-COVID levels in terms of disbursements owing to good traction in the month of September.
● Despite the inauspicious periods of ‘shraadh’ and ‘adhik maas’ in September, the 2QFY21 has been very good.
● Management expects the positive trend to continue and expect double-digit growth in 3QFY21E. Several factors are into play to motivate home buyers to purchase now. Government has given several incentives including the extension of PMAY CLSS scheme till March 2021, and reduction in stamp duty to 2% up to December 2020 by Maharashtra government. Apart from that, some developers are also giving concessions to attract customers.
● LICHSGFIN has also introduced innovative products to attract customers such as 6 EMI waivers for borrowers who are undertaking immediate purchase/ moving of the house.
● For LICHSGFIN, developer loan book is less than 7% of the total book. Considering sales velocity, within the developer segment, LICHSGFIN focuses more on affordable housing. Even now, LICHSGFIN has been lending to developers but on a very limited basis.
● LICHSGFIN has also seen better than expected collections. A substantial portion of borrowers who were under moratorium have also started paying in September.
● Despite increased competition in home loans, LICHSGFIN has managed to sustain its market share and maintain stable margins.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener and investing.com websites)
● The closing price of LICHSGFIN was ₹ 283/- as of 07-October-2020. It traded at 0.7x/ 0.7x/ 0.6x the consensus Book Value per Share estimate of ₹ 386/428/472 for FY21E/ FY22E/ FY23E respectively.
● The consensus target price of ₹ 331/- implies a PB multiple of 0.7x on FY23E BVPS of ₹ 472/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”