Update on Indian Equity Market:
After a blockbuster start of a 3-day week, markets traded lower to end the last day of FY21 as Nifty closed the day 154 points lower at 14,691. Within the index, TATASTEEL (2.3%), GRASIM (2.3%), and UPL (1.9%) were few of the gainers while HDFC (-3.9%), HDFCBANK (-3.8%), and FMCG (1.0%) led the winners while FIN SERVICES (-2.0%), PVT BANK (-1.9%), and BANK (-1.7%) led the losers.
Excerpts of an interview with Mr. Sunil Bohra, ED & Group CFO, Minda Industries Ltd (MINDAIND) with CNBC -TV18 dated 30th March 2021:
- The board of MINDAIND has approved the company’s expansion into four-wheel lighting business and four-wheel alloy wheel businesses due to an improved market scenario and increased demand.
- In the Bawal plant of Haryana, the current capacity of 120,000 wheels/ month will be increased to 180,000 wheels/ month. This will be a part of the brownfield expansion.
- The second plant aiming at the production of lighting is a Greenfield expansion plan. Both the plants are expected to commission the production in FY22E.
- The company is already running its alloy wheel business beyond its current capacity. The company is making sure that surplus capacity is available considering the additional orders received by the company. The aftermarket sales are having a positive momentum further creating demand for the alloy wheel segment.
- Current sales in the lighting business are around Rs 4bn odd a year. The new orders received by the company are for more than Rs 2bn a year leading to the creation of a new plant.
- The financing for both projects will be from internal accruals. The company might need a little bit of debt depending upon the funding requirement.
Asset Multiplier Comments:
- The decision to expand the lighting and alloy business paints a healthy picture about the order book of the company for at least the next 24 months. The Company is expected to witness above-average growth due to pent-up orders.
- The company is currently running the business at full capacity utilization. As a result, the growth in fundamentals till the commissioning of the new plant might not represent the true state of demand for the company.
Consensus Estimates (Source: market screener website):
- The closing price of MINDAIND was ₹ 540/- as of 31-March-2021. It traded at 94x/ 41x/ 29x the consensus EPS estimate of ₹ 5.8/ 13.5/ 18.9 for FY21E/22E/23E respectively.
- The consensus price target is ₹ 535/- which trades at 28x the EPS estimate for FY23E of ₹ 18.9/-
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”