VIP Industries: Revenue growth target of 5-10% for next quarter as well as for the whole yearAbhishek Salunke
Update on the Indian Equity Market:
Markets started the week marginally higher as Nifty closed the day 5 points higher to 11,912. 6 out of 11 sectoral indices closed the day on a positive note with MEDIA (2.8%), PVT BANKS (1.4%) and BANK (1.3%) led the gains while IT (-0.5%), FMCG (-0.5%) and AUTO (-0.2) were the laggards. Among the stocks, ZEEL (6.2%), YESBANK (5.7%) and BPCL (2.8%) led the index higher whereas NESTLEIND (-2.4%), HEROMOTO (-2.1%) and HINDALCO (-2.1%) were the worst-performing stocks.
VIP Industries: Revenue growth target of 5-10% for next quarter as well as for the whole year
Key takeaways from the interview of Mr Dilip Piramal, Chairman, VIP Industries dated 11th November 2019 published in LiveMint:
- Mr Piramal started the interview with his remarks on the 2QFY20 performance of VIP Industries. He mentioned that though revenues were lower, EBITDA was higher due to two reasons. First, due to the implementation of IND-AS 116, the EBITDA went up by 6 basis points. Second, the company also witnessed improvement in gross margins which contributed to the EBITDA growth.
- The company reported YoY growth of 3% in revenues. He said that he was not surprised by the lower growth in revenues as it aligns with the general trend in the economy.
- About the revenue growth in the future, he said that things are slightly better than before. The company is looking to achieve between 5-10% growth in this quarter and for the whole year. This is lower as compared to the historical growth rate of around 25%.
- On being asked about whether the customers are up-trading, he said that there is not much of a change. In fact, the lower end is increasing faster for about nearly one year.
- He mentioned that there is no increase in competition for the company. The industry is very small with two bigger players and one quite small player who is very competitive in the lower end. It is more like a segment-wise competition. The competitive pressure is the same.
- After the implementation of Goods and Service Tax (GST), the market share has moved from unorganised players to the organized players. The company achieved a growth of 25% in FY18 largely on the back of implementation of GST.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener website)
- The closing price of VIP Industries was ₹ 437/- as of 11-November-19. It traded at 37x/ 30x the consensus EPS for FY 20E/ FY 21E of ₹ 11.8/ 14.6 respectively.
- Consensus target price of ₹ 509/- implies a PE multiple of 35x on FY22E EPS of ₹ 14.6/-.
Leave a Reply