Update on the Indian Equity Market:
On Thursday, Nifty closed 1.1% higher at 13,749. Within NIFTY50, TATAMOTORS (+3.9%), SUNPHARMA(+3.2%), and AXISBANK (+2.8%) were the top gainers, while INFY (-1.3%), WIPRO(-1.0%), and NSETLEIND (-0.8%) were the top losing stocks. Among the sectoral indices, FINANCIAL SERVICES (+1.8%),BANK (+1.7%) and PRIVATE BANK (+1.6%) were the top gainerswhileMEDIA (-0.8%), IT (-0.7%), and REALTY (-0.4%) were the only losing sectors.
Health and hygiene segments seeing good growth– Emami
Excerpts of an interview with Mr. Mohan Goenka, Director, Emami, aired on CNBC-TV18 on 23rdDecember 2020:
● The Covid-19 worries are now over for Emami. Emami delivered double digit YoY growth in 2QFY21 and the management expects similar YoY growth in 3QFY21E. The resumption of growth is to do with Emami’s product range which includes health, immunity, and hygiene products.
● Winter is the key season for Emami and it has set in well in most parts of India. Some healthcare products that have done well because of covid-19, continue to do so. These 2 factors are leading to sustainability of last quarter’s growth.
● Emami is a rural play which is also helping with the growth.
● Emami is not seeing any input cost pressure. Margins are in an expanding trajectory and that continues.
● Due to Covid-19, health has been in focus. Zandu is an established brand that plays in that area. Emami also focused on Chyawanprash, honey and some other product portfolios which have grown well- almost 40% in 2QFY21E.
● The promoters are committed to bringing the pledging down to zero in the next few quarters.
● Emami has launched multiple products particularly in the hygiene segment. Emami is spending good amount of money on advertising for these products. Because margins are at all time high would be investing more into the business.
● Advertising as % of sales will remain in range of 17%-18%.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener website)
● The closing price of Emamiwas ₹ 426as of 24-December-2020. It traded at 44x/ 36 x/ 31x the consensus EPS estimate of ₹9.8/11.8/13.8 for FY21E/ FY22E/ FY23E respectively.
● The consensus target price of ₹ 435/- implies a PE multiple of 32x on FY23E EPS of ₹13.8/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”