Update on the Indian Equity Market:
On Monday, Nifty closed 1.4% lower at 11,768. Within NIFTY50, HDFCLIFE (+3.2%), NSETLEIND (+2.6%), and KOTAKBANK (+2.0%) were the only gainers, while HEROMOTOCO (-6.7%), BAJAJ-AUTO (-6.0%), and HINDALCO (-5.3%) were the top losing stocks. All the sectoral indices closed with losses led by METAL (-3.5%), AUTO (-3.2%), and MEDIA (-2.7%).
Prioritizing growth over margin expansion– Mphasis
Excerpts of an interview with Mr. Nitin Rakesh, MD & CEO, Mphasis, aired on CNBC-TV19 on 23rdOctober 2020:
● Mphasis delivered a strong growth in Direct Core segment in 2QFY21. The growth has been broad based and there are several drivers of this growth:
1. 2QFY21 was the 3rd consecutive quarter of $ 200mn+ net TCV deal wins. 2QFY21had highest ever TCV deal wins of $ 360mn. The momentum of deal wins is translating in good growth for the direct core channel.
2. Mphasis has seen good growth in existing strategic accounts as well as from new clients. Growth from new clients was 30% YoY in 2QFY21.
3. Mphasis has also been enjoying strong growth for the past 6 quarters from their European business. European business revenue growth was ~27%-28% YoY for 2QFY21.
● Mphasis has already crossed the pre-pandemic peak revenue in 2QFY21 itself. Mr Rakesh expects that the current growth trajectory should continue and Mphasis can deliver mid to high single digit revenue growth for FY21E.
● Mphasis’s MRC (Minimum Revenue Commitment) from strategic account of DXC expires in Sep-21. They still have $ 200 mn to be consumed in next 4 quarters. Post that, DXC channel will become like any other client for Mphasis and management is not worried about retaining the clients.
● Mphasis has stuck to their EBIT margin guidance band of 15.5%-16.5%. Management’s philosophy going into FY21 has been to maximize the growth potential in the market considering a lot of Mphasis’ digital capabilities are in high demand. Mphasis has prioritized growth over margin expansion, at the same time held margins steady.
● Mphasis istaking the margin operating efficiencies and re-investing it back into competency building, sales expansion, and investingin ramp up of recent deal wins.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener website)
● The closing price of MPHASIS was ₹ 1,356/- as of 26-October-2020. It traded at 20.7x/ 17.9x/ 15.8x the consensus EPS estimate of ₹ 65.6/75.8/85.7 for FY21E/ FY22E/ FY23E respectively.
● The consensus target price of ₹ 1,483/- implies a PE multiple of 17.3x on FY23E EPS of ₹85.7/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”