Update on Indian Equity Market:
Markets started the fresh week on a selling spree as Nifty closed the day 133 points lower at 14,239. Within the index, the gainers were led by GRASIM (5.9%), UPL (4.0%) and CIPLA (3.8%) while RELIANCE (-5.9%), INDUSINDBK (-5.5%) and HCLTECH (-3.8%) led the losing pack. Within the sectoral indices, PHARMA (1.7%), METAL (0.2%) and BANK (0.1%) were the only gainers while IT (-1.8%), AUTO (-0.8%) and REALTY (-0.8%) were the highest losers.
Excerpts of an interview with Mr Amit Syngle, MD & CEO- Asian Paints (ASIANPAINT) with CNBC TV18 dated 22nd January 2021:
- 3QFY21 has been phenomenal as the company witnessed a YoY growth of more than 30%. The growth was achieved on the back of the Indian decorative segment which grew 32% YoY in volume terms and 26% in terms of value.
- All three months during 3QFY21 reported double-digit YoY volume growth. October grew fastest in terms of volumes. The company gained market share in the organized as well as the unorganized market. Metros, Tier-I and Tier-II contributed to a sizable chunk of growth.
- He said that industrial and international segments picked up strongly from 2QFY21. The growth was seen across verticals.
- The consumer sentiment continued to improve. The company expects to continue double-digit YoY volume growth in 4QFY21.
- The industry is witnessing some pent demand which is difficult to quantify. The construction and real estate sector is also picking up which will add to the growth during the quarter.
- He said that 4QFY21 may see an impact in terms of raw material inflation. The company is still expected to maintain the current level of margins in the quarter.
Consensus Estimate: (Source: market screener website)
• The closing price of ASIANPAINT was ₹ 2,521/- as of 25-January-2021. It traded at 80x/ 65x/ 56x the consensus earnings estimate of ₹ 31.5/ 38.7/ 45.3 for FY21E/FY22E/23E respectively.
• The Consensus price target of ASIANPAINT was ₹ 2,525/- as of 25th January 2021 which is 56x of FY23E EPS estimate of ₹45.3/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”