Dramatic recovery in advertising revenues – Sun TVAniket Khanolkar
Update on the Indian Equity Market:
On Monday Nifty closed 0.1% higher at 13,568. Among the sectoral indices, Media (+1.8%), Auto (+0.6%), and Metal (+0.8%) closed higher. Nifty PSU Bank (-1.5%), FMCG (-1.3%), and Pharma (-0.2%) closed lower. Bajaj Finance (+5.1%), Bajaj Finserv (+4.2%), and Eicher Motors (+3.1%) closed on a positive note. HUL (-2.1%), Nestle (-2.1%), and BPCL (-1.8%) were among the top losers.
Excerpts from an interview of Mr. SL Narayanan CFO, Sun Group with CNBC-TV18 dated 14th December 2020:
● Mr. Narayanan said the company has dramatic recovery in advertising revenues.
● The recovery on QoQ basis is better but the kind of set back company witnessed in the 1st half of the year the recovery is not that sharp to recover all the deficits.
● He said the subscription will become the mainstay of media companies like Sun Tv.
● 9 years back, the subscription revenues were averaging around Rs 85 crore a quarter which was Rs 340 crore run rate annually. That number has now touched Rs 2,000cr.
● Speaking on infrastructure, he said the company has prepared in the last 3-4 years for streaming.
● The company is investing in more forms of content.
● He said the telecom companies are sourcing content from media companies.
● The company is looking to spend Rs 400 cr on original content and in addition to this, the company will be producing movies.
● The company will also Rs 200 cr for exclusive content on Sun Next.
Consensus Estimate: (Source: market screener and Investing.com websites)
● The closing price of Sun TV was ₹ 500 as of 14-December-2020. It traded at 14x/ 13x/ 12x the consensus Earnings per share estimate of ₹ 35.5/39.1/41.9 for FY21E/ FY22E/ FY23E respectively.
● The consensus average target price for Sun TV is ₹ 523/- which implies a PE multiple of 12x on FY23E EPS of 41.9/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”