5 focus areas to reinvigorate the company – WiproMrunmayee Jogalekar
Update on the Indian Equity Market:
On Thursday, Nifty closed 2.4% lower at 11,680. Within NIFTY50, ASIANPAINT (+0.4%), JSWSTEEL (+0.2%), and COALINDIA (+0.1%) were the only gainers, while BAJFINANCE (-5.0%), TECHM (-4.4%), and ICICIBANK (-4.1%) were the top losing stocks. All the sectoral indices closed with losses led by BANK (-3.4%), PVT BANK (-3.3%), and FINANCIAL SERVICES (-2.9%).
5 focus areas to reinvigorate the company – Wipro
Excerpts of an interview with Mr. Thierry Delaporte, MD & CEO, Wipro, published in the Business Standard on 14th October 2020:
● Out of the impacted sectors, Wipro is now seeing a good volume of deals in the BFSI, retail, and consumer sectors. The manufacturing sector is still impacted by the pandemic. However, the need for transformation will lead to growth coming back in the next couple of quarters. The aerospace and automobile sectors are still under pressure.
● Clients have intent on reducing expenses. But in reality, spending on technology actually increases. Spending on technology is a business requirement now. Not just the CIO but also the chief marketing officer, chief of the supply chain, chief digital officer are all asking for technology. The reduction will be in terms of spending on legacy processes.
● Wipro is focusing on five main areas. They are-
1. Focus on large clients and large deals as opposed to going after new clients
2. Focus on more markets and sectors where Wipro can claim leadership
3. Refine offerings by creating more vertical differentiation
4. Invest in talent to acquire the best domain and technology expertise
5. Refine the operating model to drive simplicity and nimbleness
● In order to chase and win large deals, Wipro plans to enhance and reinforce the global client partners’ power so they can have a bigger impact on clients.
● Due to the pandemic, Wipro has now learned that employees can work from home productively. On the other hand, they also need to connect with the rest of the organization for the culture and sense of belonging. Mr. Delaporte is of the view that going forward there will be a hybrid model where employees will have more flexibility without any judgment on where they choose to work from.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener website)
● The closing price of WIPRO was ₹ 342/- as of 15-October-2020. It traded at 20.3x/ 19.0x/ 17.9x the consensus EPS estimate of ₹ 16.8/18.0/19.1 for FY21E/ FY22E/ FY23E respectively.
● The consensus target price of ₹ 283/- implies a PE multiple of 14.8x on FY23E EPS of ₹19.1/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”
Leave a Reply