Update on Indian Equity Market:
After yesterday’s rout markets traded flat to end the day as Nifty closed the day 45 points lower at 14,683. Within the index, ADANIPORTS (+12.6%), TATACONSUM (+4.6%), and ASIANPAINT (+4.0%) were few of the gainers while POWERGRID (-2.3%), GRASIM (-1.3%), and EICHERMOT (-1%) led the losers. Among the sectoral indices, PHARMA (+1.8%), METAL (+1.4%), and REALTY (+1.2%) led the winners while BANK (-0.5%), PRIVATE BANK (-0.4%), and MEDIA (-0.3%) led the losers.
Excerpts of Interview with Bharat Madan, Group CFO of Escorts Ltd. with CNBC-TV18 dated 5th April 2021:
- Escorts posted very strong 10 percent tractor sales growth in March compared to the previous month. FY21 ended on a strong note with total tractor sales rising 24 percent vs FY20.
- Escorts achieved an annual production level of 100,000 units for the first time in its history on the back of robust growth in sales despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The rural sentiment is expected to be strong after a good Rabi season and a favorable monsoon outlook.
- Demand is expected to grow for the next 6 months on account of expansion in South India.
- Rising Covid-19 cases has not yet impacted demand but remain a concern. However, it is not expected to hamper any supply-side considerations.
Asset Multiplier Comments:
- The Company is witnessing a strong demand on account of economic recovery and the company is poised to continue this upward trajectory for the upcoming 2 quarters.
- Overall, the outlook for the auto industry is favorable and the effect of supply chain issues seems to be muted so there’s scope for sustained growth.
Consensus Estimates (Source: market screener website):
- The closing price of ESCORTS was ₹ 1,223/- as of 06-April-2021. It traded at 15x/ 13x the consensus EPS estimate of ₹ 84/ 94 for FY21E/22E/23E respectively.
- The consensus price target is ₹ 1470/- which trades at 16x the EPS estimate for FY23E of ₹ 94/-
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”