Capex of Rs 2,500 mn expected to be on stream by Dec-22 – Vinati OrganicsRicha Varu Rathod
Update on the Indian Equity Market:
On Monday, NIFTY ended flat amid volatility at 18,109 (+0.04%). HEALTHCARE (+2.13%), PHARMA (+1.45%) and FMCG (+0.94%) were the top gaining sectors. METAL (-1.82%), PSU BANK (-1.43%) and FINANCIAL SERVICES (-0.34%) were top losers.
Top gainers in NIFTY50 were POWERGRID (+3.13%), ONGC (+2.46%) and ITC (+2.25%). The top losers were COALINDIA (-4.34%), TATASTEEL (-3.32%), and HINDALCO (-2.68%).
Capex of Rs 2,500 mn expected to be on stream by Dec-22 – Vinati Organics
Edited Excerpts of an interview with Vinati Saraf Mutreja, Managing Director, Vinati Organics with ETNOW on 11th Nov, 2021:
- The revenue for 2QFY22 was flat sequentially and grew by 70% YoY. The margins for 1HFY22 are at the levels of 26-27%, lower than earlier guidance of 30% for FY22E.
- The revenue growth guidance for FY22E remains unchanged. Company expects to cross Rs 15,000 mn in FY22E which will result in 50% YoY revenue growth. EBITDA Margins are expected to be at 30% level for FY22E.
- The margins of 2QFY22 were impacted due to heavy floods in Mahad Factory in the month of Jun-21. It resulted in loss of profits which is insured and claimed for.
- The revenue growth guidance of ~ 50% for FY22E is a result of price hike due to raw material cost going up.
- Management is confident of delivering EBITDA margin of 30% as absolute EBITDA per tonne is intact.
- Raw material prices are still high, freight costs have softened a bit. Most of the Freight cost is absorbed by customers and are able to pass it through.
- Acrylamide Tertiary Butyl Sulphonic (ATBS) (high margin product) has been a star product for Vinati Organics. FY21 was a slow year for ATBS but comparing current volumes to pre-COVID levels it has grown by ~50-60% on volume basis.
- Butyl Phenol has seen good offtake in the market, sales have increased by 70% YoY. However, the margins are under pressure as company is a new entrant, it is cutting price to gain market share. Raw materials are exceptionally high over the last 6 months which the company is not able to pass through completely. However, the demand outlook for Butyl Phenol is strong.
- The niche and specialty products are performing well.
- Iso Butyl Benzene (IBB) is performing a bit slow. It accounts for less than 10% of the total revenue. A lot of IBB Customers are seeing high inventory levels of IB and IBB as they had stocked up the product in FY21.
- Vinati Organics is planning a capex of Rs 2,500 mn. It will account for 4-5 new niche and specialty products. It will cater to various segments like agro chem, fragrance chemicals and plastic additives. The products are expected to be on stream by 3QFY23E.
- The power crunch in China doesn’t impact the company’s supply chain as none of the important raw material is imported from China. China is competitor of Vinati Organics as far as ATBS is concerned. This could be one of the reasons of customers shifting their focus from China to Vinati for ATBS products. China is also market for IBB and ATBS products. Vinati is able to export the products to China.
Asset Multiplier Comments
- Demand for ATBS continues to remain strong with increased demand from the oil and gas industry, which forms 25-30% of its global demand.
- We think new product launches, strong demand for products like ATBS which are high margin products and backward and forward integration will help company to achieve its target of ~50% revenue growth and EBITDAM at the level of 30% in FY22.
- Vinati’s proposed merger with Veeral Additives Private Limited (VAPL) aligns well with their growth strategy through synergy. The global market demand for Antioxidants (AOs) is robust and the total capacity (post-merger) positions Vinati to drive growth.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener and investing.com websites)
The closing price of Vinati Organics was ₹ 1,998/- as of 15-Nov-21. It traded at 64x/44x/35x the consensus EPS estimate of ₹ 31.6/45.5/57.8 for FY22E/ FY23E/FY24E respectively.
- The consensus target price of ₹ 1,893/- implies a PE multiple of 33x on FY24E EPS of ₹ 57.8/-.
Disclaimer: “The views expressed are for information purposes only. The information provided herein should not be considered as investment advice or research recommendation. The users should rely on their own research and analysis and should consult their own investment advisors to determine the merit, risks, and suitability of the information provided.”