Voltas Ltd (VOLT IN): Unitary cooling products performance takes the heat off in 1QFY20.Amruta Deherkar
Dated:- 9th August 2019
· Voltas reported a 24% YoY growth in consolidated revenues to Rs 26,540 mn. The revenue growth was driven by 47% YoY growth in the Unitary Cooling Products (UCP) (main revenue earning air conditioners) segment at Rs 17,488 mn. The Electro-Mechanical Projects (EMP) segment revenues declined by 5% YoY to Rs 8,241 mn and the Engineering Product Services (EPS) segment revenues declined by 4% YoY to Rs 740 mn.
· The EBITDA margin declined by 35 bps YoY in 1QFY20 to 11% from 11.35% in 1QFY19.
· Voltas reported EBIT margin expansion of ~60 bps YoY in UCP to 13.1%. The EBIT margins declined by ~220 bps YoY and ~230 bps YoY in EMP (8%) and EPS (32.4%) respectively.
· Voltas reported a one-time expenditure of ~Rs 430 mn towards a Voluntary Retirement Benefits Scheme. The adjusted Consolidated PAT for 1QFY20 stood at Rs 1,941 mn v/s Rs 1,839 mn in 1QFY19. The profit share in the joint ventures including was Rs 213 mn in this quarter v/s Rs 193 mn in 4QFY19.
· Voltas continues to be the market leader in Room Air conditioner business with a market share of 24.1% for 1QFY20 (25.3% for June 2019) at Multi-Brand Outlets. The Air Conditioning industry grew by 36% YoY; Voltas grew higher than the industry YoY growth of ~47%. The inverter ACs accounted for more than 50% of the total revenues.
· Commercial Refrigeration products and Air Coolers witnessed increased demand in the quarter. The air purifiers too received an encouraging response.
· Management guided for UCP segment EBIT margins to remain in the range of 11-12% for FY20E.
· In the EMP segment, the order book stood at Rs 47,560 mn, higher by ~3% YoY. The domestic order intake during 1QFY20 was Rs 4,490 mn v/s Rs 1,500 mn in 1QFY19. On the International front, Voltas continues to be cautious.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener website)
· The closing price of VOLT was Rs 606/- as of 09-Aug-2019. It traded at 33x / 28 x / 24x the consensus EPS for 20E /21E /22E EPS of Rs 18.2 / 21.8 / 25.1 respectively.
· Consensus target price of Rs 630/- implies a PE of 25 x on FY22E EPS of Rs 25.1/-