Eicher Motors (EICHERMOT IN): 1QFY20 Volume decline increases the margin pressureAmruta Deherkar
Dated: 1st August 2019
• Eicher Motors (EICHER) reported a ~7% YoY decline in revenues in 1QFY20 at Rs 23,819 mn (v/s Rs 25,478 mn in 1QFY19). The volumes declined by 18% YoY to 1,83,589 units. The effective realisation increased by 14% YoY from Rs 1,12,455 per unit in 1QFY19 to Rs 1,28,616 per unit.
• EBITDA declined by 24% YoY to Rs 6,145 mn and EBITDA margin declined by ~600 bps YoY to 25.8%. The margins were impacted by the increase in costs related to the ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) conversion.
• The effective tax rate was lower by ~290 bps YoY to 33% for 1QFY20. The consolidated PAT stood at Rs 4,518 mn, lower by 22% YoY.
• The Volvo Eicher JV performance: The volumes in 1QFY20 were lower by ~18% YoY. The revenues reported a lower decline of 14% YoY to Rs 22,550 mn due to the realisation growth by ~5% YoY. The EBITDA margins declined by ~360 bps YoY to 5.6%. The JV reported lower profits of Rs 383 mn in 1QFY20 v/s Rs 1,182 mn in 1QFY19. EICHER’s share in JV profits stood at Rs 209 mn, a decline by ~68% YoY.
• EICHER increased the dealer network by 13 dealers to 928 from 915 in 4QFY19. EICHER management is keen on focussing on increasing reach in rural areas by adding more touchpoints. Eicher also intends to expand its international presence by increasing the exclusive international store count from 48 now to 80 over the next 18 – 24 months.
• Management maintained the CAPEX plans of ~Rs 7,000 mn for FY20 for Phase-2 of Vallam Vadagal plant, construction of the Technology Centre, development of new products and to expand RE’s portfolio for global markets. The production will start in 1-1.5 months.
• Management maintained the production guidance for FY20E is 9,50,000 units. EICHER mentioned that the festive season sales will be key monitorable and the industry may also benefit from the pre-buying before the BS-VI implementation in April 2020.
Consensus Estimate (Source: market screener website)
• The closing price of Eicher was Rs 16,570/- as of 01-Aug-2019. It traded at 19x / 18x / 17x the consensus EPS for 20E /21E /22E EPS of Rs 852/ 943 / 991 respectively.
• Consensus target price of Rs 19,441/- implies a PE of 20x on FY22E EPS of Rs 991/-